Extron SW8 HD 4K PLUS (60-1606-01)
8:1 4K HDMI 2.0b Switcher with auto-switching and HDR
HDMI->DVI format correction; 8 × HDMI inputs; 1 × HDMI Output; Max. 18Gbps
For pricing and configuration options please call or email us.
The Extron SW HD 4K PLUS Series of two, four, six, and eight-input HDMI switchers support 4K/60 with 4:4:4 Colour sampling. They are designed for video signal switching between multiple HDMI sources to a single display. The switchers are HDCP 2.3 compliant, and support data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, 12-bit Deep Color, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats. The SW HD 4K PLUS Series is easy to operate using front panel controls or auto-switching. Ethernet, RS-232, and contact closure ports provide ample options for integration with any control system. All models feature EDID Minder®, which maintains continuous EDID communication with connected devices and ensures that the HDMI sources power up and maintain video output. The switchers provide automatic input cable equalization up to 25 feet (7.6 meters) on Extron HDMI Pro Series cable.
To enhance and simplify integration, the SW HD 4K PLUS Series provides integrator-friendly features, including automatic input cable equalization, automatic Colour bit depth management, indicators for monitoring and troubleshooting, as well as peripheral device power on the output. Automatic input cable equalization corrects for signal loss due to lengthy input cables, ensuring signal integrity up to 25 feet (7.6 meters), when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable. The SW HD 4K PLUS Series automatically adjusts Colour bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing Colour compatibility conflicts between source and display. Front panel LED indicators provide immediate visual confirmation of HDCP authentication and signal presence for each input and output. If HDCP‑encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑compliant display, a full-screen green signal provides immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display. The SW HD 4K PLUS Series also provides +5 VDC, 250 mA on the HDMI output for powering peripheral devices such as an Extron HD 4K 101 Plus cable equalizer.
The SW HD 4K PLUS Series two and four‑input models are housed in 1U, half rack width enclosures that are suitable for mounting in a rack or under a table. The six and eight‑input models are housed in 1U, full rack width enclosures and come standard with brackets for mounting in a rack.
Extron SW8 HD 4K PLUS Key Features
- Inputs: Two, four, six, and eight female HDMI type A connectors
- Output: One female HDMI type A connector
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4 - Resolutions up to 4096x2160/60 with 4:4:4 chroma sampling at 8 bits of color.
- HDCP 2.3 compliant - Ensures display of content-protected 4K video media and maintains interoperability with earlier versions of HDCP.
- Supported HDMI 2.0b specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Colour up to 12‑bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats.
- Support for HDR – High Dynamic Range video - Enables greater contrast range and wider Colour gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, Colour depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- Ethernet monitoring and control - Enables control and proactive monitoring over a LAN or WAN.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices - EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- Automatic input cable equalization to 25 feet (7.6 meters) when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable - Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long HDMI cables, low quality HDMI cables, and source devices with poor HDMI signal output.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization - Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non‑HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non‑HDCP mode.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non-compliant display - A full screen green signal is sent when HDCP encrypted content is transmitted to a non HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence LED indicators
- Automatic Colour bit depth management - The switcher automatically adjusts Colour bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing Colour compatibility conflicts between source and display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction - Automatically reformats HDMI source signals for output to a connected DVI display.
- Provides +5 VDC, 250 mA power on the output for external peripheral devices
- Front panel security lockout - Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments. All functions remain available through Ethernet, RS-232, and USB when lockout mode is active.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS – Product Configuration Software - Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Front panel USB configuration port - Provides convenient access for information and firmware updates.
- Compatible with TeamWork® Show Me® Cables - Show Me cables provide convenient connectivity and user input selection and control for TeamWork Collaboration Systems. Visit the TeamWork System Builder to create a customized system for your collaboration environment.
- Multiple control options including Ethernet, RS‑232, contact closure, front panel, and auto-input switching
- Auto-input switching - Automatically switches to the highest-numbered input with an active video signal or to an active input based on a configured priority.
- Contact closure remote control with tally output - Allows for remote selection of an input channel. +5 VDC is provided to light an LED to indicate the currently selected input.
- Rack mountable, 1U metal enclosure - SW HD 4K PLUS Series two and four-input models feature a half rack width enclosure. Six and eight-input models feature a full rack width enclosure.
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Extron Everlast™ Power Supply - SW HD 4K PLUS Series two and four input models include an energy efficient external universal power supply, replacement part #70-1174-01. Six and eight input models come equipped with a 100 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, internal universal power supply.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and Labour warranty