Extron DTP T USW 233 (60-1551-12)
3:1 HDMI/VGA to DTP/HDBaseT switcher transmitter
2 × HDMI, 1 × VGA inputs; 1 × DTP/HDBaseT output; Max. 70m at 1080p/WUXGA
For pricing and configuration options please call or email us.
The Extron DTP T USW 233 is a three input switcher for sending HDMI or analog video, audio, and control up to 230 feet (70 meters) over a shielded CATx cable to Extron DTP®‑enabled products. It is HDCP compliant and provides two HDMI inputs, one VGA input, and one DTP 230 twisted pair output. The DTP T USW 233 supports video signals at resolutions up to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K. The switcher also offers many integrator‑friendly features such as analog stereo audio embedding, EDID Minder®, auto‑switching between inputs, audio input assignment, remote power capability, and compatibility with HDBaseT-enabled devices. These features plus the low profile enclosure make the DTP T USW 233 ideal for discreet placement in lecterns, beneath tables, or wherever needed to meet application requirements.
The DTP T USW 233 provides reliable switching and transmission of HDMI and analog video signals. For simplified operation, the DTP T USW 233 can automatically switch between the digital and analog sources. Stereo analog audio can be embedded onto the digital video output signal for transport over DTP. To suit the needs of the application, there is also the option to send analog audio alongside the video and control signals over the shielded twisted pair cable to a DTP-enabled matrix switcher, switcher, or signal processor. In addition, the analog audio input can be assigned to any of the three video inputs, or it can be set to follow the input switch.
To enhance and simplify integration of sources and displays, and to help ensure optimal system performance, the DTP T USW 233 features EDID Minder. EDID Minder is an Extron‑exclusive technology that manages EDID communication between the display device and input sources to ensure that the correct video formats are displayed reliably.
The switcher supports simultaneous transmission of bidirectional RS‑232 and IR signals from a control system for AV device control. For added installation flexibility, the DTP T USW 233 transmitter can be remotely powered over the shielded twisted pair cable by a DTP‑enabled product. This simplifies installation and allows both devices to share one power supply. The DTP T USW 233 can be integrated with an Extron DTP CrossPoint® Presentation Matrix Switcher, or other DTP‑enabled products to support sources at remote locations.
The DTP output can be configured for compatibility with HDBaseT-enabled displays to send digital video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS-232 and IR signals up to 230 feet (70 meters) over a shielded CATx cable.
The DTP T USW 233 offers convenient control options, including front panel control, RS‑232, and contact closure with tally output. The switcher is housed in a 1" (2.5 cm) high, half rack width metal enclosure that allows for discreet placement in lecterns or beneath tables.
Extron recommends Extron‑certified XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable, shielded RJ‑45 plugs, jacks, and couplers engineered for optimum signal transmission with Extron DTP Series products. The XTP DTP 24 cable is certified to 475 MHz and utilizes a SF/UTP design with four unshielded 24 AWG twisted pair conductors inside an overall braid and foil shield for superior performance and noise immunity.
Extron DTP T USW 233 Key Features
- Transmits HDMI or Analogue video, control, and Analogue audio up to 230 feet (70 meters) over a shielded CATx cable - The DTP T USW 233 provides high reliability and maximum performance on an economical and easily installed cable infrastructure.
- Inputs: Two HDMI, one VGA on 15‑pin HD, one 3.5 mm stereo mini jack for audio
- Output: One DTP® 230 twisted pair output on RJ‑45
- Auto‑switching between inputs - Auto‑switching allows for simple, unmanaged installation in locations such as in a lectern or under a conference table. When multiple inputs are active, the switching priority is configurable.
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K - The DTP T USW 233 supports digital signal transmission up to 230 feet (70 meters) over a shielded twisted pair cable and maintains superior image quality at the highest resolutions.
- Analogue stereo audio embedding - Analogue stereo audio signals can be selectively embedded onto the digital video output signal and transported over DTP. The HDMI inputs can be set to pass the embedded digital audio, embed the Analogue audio, or to automatically embed the Analogue audio when no digital audio is detected.
- Remote power capability - For simplified installation, the transmitter can be remotely powered by a DTP‑enabled product over the twisted pair connection.
- Extron XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable is strongly recommended for optimal performance
- Compatible with CATx shielded twisted pair cable - The DTP T USW 233 fully supports a maximum transmission distance of 230 feet (70 meters) for all compatible resolutions when used with CATx shielded twisted pair cable. Shielded twisted pair cabling with solid centre conductor sizes of 24 AWG or better is recommended for optimal performance.
- Accepts additional Analogue stereo audio signals - The DTP T USW 233 accepts stereo Analogue audio signals for simultaneous transmission over the same shielded twisted pair cable.
- Audio input assignment - The Analogue audio input can be assigned to any video input, or it can be set to follow the input switch.
- Adjustable audio input gain - Gain can be adjusted for the Analogue audio input via SIS commands to eliminate noticeable differences when switching between sources.
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats
- DTP output is compatible with HDBaseT-enabled devices - The DTP output can be configured to send video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS-232 and IR signals to an HDBaseT-enabled display.
- Supports multiple embedded audio formats - The DTP T USW 233 is compatible with a broad range of multi‑channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI sources.
- Bidirectional RS‑232 and IR pass‑through for AV device control - Bidirectional RS‑232 control and IR signals can be transmitted alongside the video signal, allowing remote AV devices to be controlled without the need for additional cabling.
- Digital conversion of Analogue input signals - Analogue signals are digitized, ensuring that a reliable, high quality digital video signal is sent to the output destination.
- HDCP compliant - Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization - Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices - EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation - Provides real-time verification of HDCP status for each digital video input. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through front panel LEDs, RS‑232, or USB, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
- Output muting control - The video and audio output may be muted independently.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction - Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct Colour space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
- Automatic Colour bit depth management - Automatically adjusts Colour bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing Colour compatibility conflicts between source and display.
- Front panel security lockout - This feature locks out all front panel functions; all functions however, are available through USB or RS‑232 control.
- Compatible with all DTP 230 Series receivers and DTP‑enabled products - Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate receivers, as well as other DTP‑enabled products to meet application requirements.
- RS‑232 control port - Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Contact closure remote control with tally output - Allows for remote selection of an input channel, while a tally output provides +5 VDC to light an LED to indicate the currently selected input.
- Compatible with TeamWork® Show Me® Cables - Show Me cables provide convenient connectivity and user input selection and control for TeamWork Collaboration Systems. Visit the TeamWork System Builder to create a customized system for your collaboration environment.
- Front panel USB configuration port - Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- LED indicators for signal presence, HDCP, and power - Provides visual indication of system status for real‑time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- RJ‑45 signal and link LED indicators for DTP port - Provides a means for validating signal flow and operation, allowing quick identification of connectivity issues.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software - Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- JITC Certified - Successfully completed interoperability and information assurance testing for use in government applications and other mission-critical environments.
- 1" (2.5 cm) high, half rack width metal enclosure - With a low profile enclosure, the device can be installed discreetly wherever needed.
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply included, replacement part #70-1174-01 - Provides worldwide power compatibility with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and Labour warranty